POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : concept to visualization : Re: concept to visualization Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:29:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: concept to visualization
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 19 Aug 2000 14:06:23
Message: <399ECD12.A02E6B90@ij.net>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Matt Giwer wrote:
> >
> >         But how do I get the date into an image file?
> >

> Maybe i missed something in your description but IMO it's much easier to write
> an array of numbers into a heightfield file than to a povray mesh definition.

	I look at the docs for heightfield.

HEIGHT_FIELD:
     height_field{ HF_TYPE "filename" [HF_MODIFIER...] }
HF_TYPE:
     gif | tga | pot | png | pgm | ppm | sys <<<<<<<<
HF_MODIFIER:
     hierarchy [Boolean] |
     smooth [Boolean] |
     water_level Level |
     OBJECT_MODIFIER

	All the HF_TYPEs are image formats. I have hacked the
uncompressed .tga format but haven't tried to implement it yet.
Is there an easier way?

--
There is never any reason to be angry with the
enemy because whatever they do they are doing