POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Linux MegaPOV 0.5a and persistent object problems : Re: Linux MegaPOV 0.5a and persistent object problems Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux MegaPOV 0.5a and persistent object problems
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 19 Aug 2000 06:44:11
Message: <399E67B0.F99ADC16@free.fr>
> They will be re-parsed (and a duplicate created) unless you make sure that
> they are not.  The way you do this is to either:
> 1) check the "clock" variable to see if it is the first frame

	Thanks !
	Ok, it works fine if I do something like:

#if(clock=0)
  box{ ...  label thebox }
#else
  modify{ thebox  ... }
#end

> 2) set a persistent variable at the end of your scene (so it will get set at
> the end of the first frame) and then check for it before creating those
> objects.

   ... but NOT if doing the following:

#ifndef(persist)
  box{ ...  label thebox }
#else
  modify{ thebox  ... }
#end

#declare persist = 1;

	Here the box is never modified (my ini file still contains
Persistent_Animation = yes). Same result if I put the #declare
within the #ifndef condition. Again I may do something wrong...
[I already noticed a strange behaviour of #ifdef/#ifndef tests
in official POV-Ray also]. Any clue ?

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** pov### [at] freefr