POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : concept to visualization : Re: concept to visualization Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: concept to visualization
From: Anton Sherwood
Date: 19 Aug 2000 02:03:36
Message: <399E24DA.A9D04FCB@pobox.com>
This gives me an idea that I'll never follow up ...

Among the screensavers that came with Red Hat is "Demon", by David
Bagley.
(http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/screenshots.html)  It's a cellular
automaton which a simple rule (that baffled me until I read about it
elsewhere): If the color next after yours appears on any neighboring
cell, change to that color.  Spirals almost always result.

So my thought is: make a moving hf, where the height is the sine of the
phase (color).  Initialize randomly, and watch lakes sloshing around,
nibbling gradually at their chaotic edges until they join to form the
spirals.

--
Anton Sherwood  --  br0### [at] p0b0xcom  --  http://ogre.nu/