POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Linux MegaPOV 0.5a and persistent object problems : Linux MegaPOV 0.5a and persistent object problems Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Linux MegaPOV 0.5a and persistent object problems
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 18 Aug 2000 15:31:47
Message: <399D91DB.BEF78CBC@free.fr>
Hi all there !

	I just started to try persistent objects in animations
with MegaPOV 0.5a for Linux. AFAI understand, the purpose of
object with defined labels is not to be destroyed from frame
to frame. But does it mean there are not re-parsed after the
first frame ? It seems they are (while using big objects as
meshes for instance). I would expect the opposite.
	Second, I noticed one weird result while rendering the
last frame of the following simple test-case animation. I would
like to know if I'm missing something critical, or if this beha-
viour is related to a possible bug (maybe Linux-specific ?).
	Thanks for any comment, you're welcome to flame me ;-)

command line -------------------------------------------------

x-megapov megapov.ini +i test.pov +kff3

ini file -----------------------------------------------------

Width = 320
Height = 240
Pause_when_Done = off
Bounding_Threshold = 3
Test_Abort = On
Test_Abort_Count = 100
Persistent_Animation = yes

test file ----------------------------------------------------

#version unofficial MegaPOV 0.5;

#declare RATIO  = 320/240;

global_settings { ambient_light 0.01  max_trace_level 20 }

camera
{
  right    x
  up       y/RATIO
  angle    10
  location -300*z
  look_at  <0,0,0>
}

light_source{ -300*z  rgb 0.66  shadowless }
light_source{ -300*z  rgb 1.00  rotate <45,-25,0> }

background{ rgb 1 }

box
{
  <-10,-10,-10><10,10,10>