POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The form : Re: The form Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The form
From: Fabian BRAU
Date: 18 Aug 2000 03:56:41
Message: <399CEC20.10E1CDA7@umh.ac.be>
> You are mistaken, I do like your work. I just don't like the "composed"
> look that sometimes comes with image_maps.

I understand. Working with image map is more difficult that one could
think and more difficult than _I_ thought :).

> It looks like you managed to get rid of it in this image, though. Oh,
> and your images are *not* boring. :-)

Thanks.

> And BTW, what is that rusty-brown colored egg thing?

This is the form :). This is just a non trivial form to test mapping
on it.
> The texture appears
> "pinched" on top, is this intentional, or an artifact of spherical
> mapping?

Not intensional, this is an (small for me, but visible) artifact due
to cylindrical mapping. Perhaps spherical one could be better.

Fabian.