POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Newbi : Re: Newbi Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:27:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbi
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 18 Aug 2000 01:19:10
Message: <399CC7A6.12F72ED3@ij.net>
root wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a newbi whith Linux... I dl the povray gzip file, converted to tar
> and decompressed... but I don't no how install it...
>
> Somobody can help me... an explain the instalation step by step...
>
> Thank you
>
> Excuse my english I am french

	Your english may be your problem. The install directions are in
what you downloaded. Do not try to make sense of the english,
imitate the command lines in that file. Being a native english
speaker, that is what I did, pardons to the creator of the
directions.

	Now if you were from from Windows, read the man page and only
execute a name.INI file as in x-povray name.INI

	And if this is not clear, my pardons, I am six months into linux
and 30 hours into running povray on linux.

	It is worth your effort. I have run some of my old scenes from
Win98 and they run in about the same time except that I run
seti@home full time. So povray gets only half the CPU time. That
means, twice as fast as windows.

--
Meaningless Adjectives Department
Proud warriors; vibrant culture; stupid liberal;