POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower : Re: Flower Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower
From: Mike
Date: 17 Aug 2000 23:06:11
Message: <399CA823.B210F463@aol.com>
>Wow really good! To bad the JPEG compression hurt it so much.

Thanks.  I didn't notice how bad the compression was until after I
posted it.  Must be the old problem with lots of shades of red in a
jpeg.

>One comment I have is that the central part of the flower, the stamens
or are those >pistils, could never get the 2 strait, they look like they
are just thin cylinders.
>This hurts the realism a little.

The ones with the pollen on them...I don't know either.  You're right.
They are cylinders with spheres on the ends.  Look again at the flower,
the tops should be a little larger and fluffy looking.  I didn't get
around to making the center part yet.

-Mike