POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : nLand - HF based world, start 1 : Re: nLand - HF based world, start 1 Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: nLand - HF based world, start 1
From: ross litscher
Date: 16 Aug 2000 23:16:40
Message: <399B6A1C.7581994B@osu.edu>
If i were to create an island, I would not have any large buildings. I
try to keep all the original vegetation and animals, and not obstruct
the water flow. Very little metal would be used because that would need
refineries of some sort, and those would cause pollution.

I would not have a large tower for protection, but rather a sturdy but
moderate lighthouse. There would be a network of homes in the trees,
connecting to each other by hanging bridges and pulley systems to move
large quantities of stuff.

Think hemp fields. Hemp seed oil for the oil lamps at night, hemp fiber
paper, etc...

A nice hillside amplitheatre and stage for plays, meetings, and jungle
beat musical groove fests. (no t-shirt sellers :) Well, just some
pseudo-random ideas...

save the earth,
ross