POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Frog Sandwich (20Kbu) : Re: Frog Sandwich (20Kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frog Sandwich (20Kbu)
From: Mike Wiering
Date: 16 Aug 2000 06:18:37
Message: <399A6C41.C352A7CA@cs.kun.nl>
That looks really good! You wouldn't say it was rendered, it's just like
a drawing. How did you make those contour lines? And how do you prevent
an image without lights to become completely black?

Regards,
Mike

"H. E. Day" wrote:

> Here's the pretty-much-final version of the main character of my next IRTC
> Anim.  I used some pretty advanced rendering techniques to get this result.
>  For instance, no lights were used to save time.  That's right. No lights.
> Instead, I used a slope texture *over* the original texture.  This allowed
> me to smooth the lines between cells.  It also decreased the render time
> from 3 minutes to 2.  Also, I eliminated Anti-Aliasing, cutting the R-T in
> half again.  All in all, not a bad job, eh?
> Comments, flames, welcome.
>
> --
> H.E. Day
> <><
>
>  [Image]

 Mike Wiering, Room A4025, University of Nijmegen,
   Faculty of Science, Toernooiveld 1, Nijmegen.
        http://www.cs.kun.nl/~mike.wiering