POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal tex in scene (~65kb) : Re: Metal tex in scene (~65kb) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal tex in scene (~65kb)
From: Rune
Date: 15 Aug 2000 17:37:13
Message: <3999b809@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" wrote:
> Quite a while ago people were trying circular brushed metal
> textures, this particular one would go well I think, in a
> repeating (tiled) pattern sort of way.  Although the one at
> that time looked good.

I don't know about those textures back then, but I know that the technique I
use makes the textures automatically behave somewhat realistically when you
move around your objects and/or light_sources and/or camera. I'm not sure
which kind of tiling you mean, but I'm sure it could be done rather easily
with this texture.

Greetings,

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated July 23)