POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Frame size creates difficulty for viewers : Re: Frame size creates difficulty for viewers Server Time
27 Jul 2024 08:06:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frame size creates difficulty for viewers
From: John VanSickle
Date: 15 Aug 2000 21:00:13
Message: <3999E7EA.D99095D@erols.com>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <3991A345.C492F7A8@pacbell.net> , Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
> wrote:
>
> > Ever since installing QT on my system I have been unable to load
> > mpegs from povray.binaries.animations because it crashes Netscape.
> >
> > I hate QT !!!
>
> Its not a problem of QuickTime, it is one of Netscape.

I've had QT crashes when opening a file directly through Windows
Explorer.

There is one option for QT that I detest.  Apparently a QT file can
contain nothing more than a bit of code that itself downloads the
actual anim.  This adds no value to the process; all it does is
give the software one more opportunity to break.

This bit of loading code also seems to prevent caching of the
animation.  This is VERY annoying.  Some of us like to download
a thing once, instead of every single time we want to view it.

Regards,
John
--
ICQ: 46085459