POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HF problems : Re: HF problems Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HF problems
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 15 Aug 2000 08:54:26
Message: <39993d82$1@news.povray.org>
"Lewis" <tt### [at] sscom> wrote in message news:39994891.DAC8B978@ss.com...
| I am having trouble creating the HF as a 16-bit grayscale. It has 256
| colors (8 bits) but I can't get more for some reason. How do I ??

Since you have a 24 bit targa there the thing to do probably is to use it as
a pigment {image_map{}} and do a global_settings {hf_grey_16 on} to get it's
16 bit greyscale.  Only problem might be if it's not already a greyscale
image the conversion of the colors just might go wrong for what you have
intended, but I'm not sure of that.
Anyway, if you're willing to go that route then just use a orthogonal camera
with the same up and right as the image resolution, mapping to a plane of
course.  Also set the file output type to +FT so you don't get a BMP or
something.

Bob