POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HF problems : Re: HF problems Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HF problems
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 15 Aug 2000 09:01:05
Message: <39993F32.CE2D2889@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Lewis wrote:

> I am having trouble creating the HF as a 16-bit grayscale. It has 256
> colors (8 bits) but I can't get more for some reason. How do I ??

As Bob said, you should use "hf_grey_16 on" when generating the heightfield with
Povray. With png output, you have to use +fn16 to get 16 Bit grayscale output.

IIRC the black parts in the heightfield are a known problem, there were some
posts about that in the past:

from p.a-u:
Topic: Height field bug?
Date:  Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:00:46

from p.b.i:
Topic: height field problem - 2-11K jpegs
Date:  Wed, 31 May 2000 21:33:19

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>