POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aircraft Design : Re: Aircraft Design Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aircraft Design
From: Jens Strohmeyer
Date: 15 Aug 2000 05:05:34
Message: <399907FD.A3EAE834@tu-bs.de>
David Wilkinson wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Aug 2000 13:51:02 +0200, Jens Strohmeyer <j.s### [at] tu-bsde>
> wrote:
>
> >I send you this not to judge the image, but the plane !
> >Any comments on the aircraft would be nice.
>
> Jens this is most appropriate.  We have just been trying to answer the question
> "What use is POV"  in p.newusers - you have provided an excellent example.
>
> I like the look of your plane.  The concept is interesting and it looks if it
> would handle in a sporty way.  It appears to have zero dihedral so I suppose you
> designed it to be flown by an experienced pilot.  The junction of the booms with
> the tailpane seems rather slender for a high stress region.  Is the construction
> mainly fibreglass?
>
> BTW I like the image :-)
>
> dav### [at] hamiltonitecom
> http://hamiltonite.com/

Well, ALMOST right. ;-)
The construction will be mainly of carbon fiber structure.
You cannot see it from this angle, but the wing has a slight
dihedral angle of 3.0 degrees to make handling easier
in level flight.
"Pure" aerobatic competition planes have no dihedral in
most cases, but this one is NOT for competition
(the moment of inertia around the longitudinal axis
is high because of the booms and the rectractable gear
which rectracts into the booms) but for the average private
pilot who wants to have some fun !
Greetings !  - Jens