POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aircraft Design : Re: Aircraft Design Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aircraft Design
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 14 Aug 2000 16:37:04
Message: <39985870@news.povray.org>
"Jens Strohmeyer" <j.s### [at] tu-bsde> wrote :

> I used POVRAY for design visualization because I had
> no other CAD-Tool at hand.

    I have the full version of AutoCAD 12 but I use POV for all my work that
does not need wireframe or dimensions. Actually I will often do it in POV
and then once I am satisfied, translate it over to AC by typing in the
proportions and use AC to mark the dimensions.

> I send you this not to judge the image, but the plane !

    I doubt that there are many here that can actually judge the plane on
anything other than aesthetics. I certainly cannot. But as an image of a
work in progress, it looks quite promising. Details and textures are all it
really needs.