POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Trip-let (8k) : Trip-let (8k) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Trip-let (8k)
From: Kevin Jackson-Mead
Date: 14 Aug 2000 15:06:17
Message: <399842BE.315C01E1@mindspring.com>
Greetings everyone.

I am new to POV and to raytracing, and it's been a while since I've
posted anything to a newsgroup (and first time posting using Netscape's
news thing), so please excuse any screw-ups.  Attached is a little
object I made that was inspired by the cover art of Douglas R.
Hofstadter's book "Godel, Escher, Bach: an Eternal Golden Braid".  As
far as I know, he invented them for his book (according to what he says
about it, anyway).  He took a piece of wood and sawed the appropriate
bits.  Neat idea and a wonderful book, if anyone is looking for
something to read.

Anyway, I was thinking of trying to come up with a macro to make
trip-lets out of any three letters, and I was wondering if something
like that already exists.  I imagine not, but I thought I'd ask first.
I doubt it would be a very useful macro, but I'm planning on using it to
teach myself how to do them.

Comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated (otherwise I
wouldn't be posting, I guess.)

Kevin Jackson-Mead

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: