POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Frame size creates difficulty for viewers : Re: Frame size creates difficulty for viewers Server Time
27 Jul 2024 08:06:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frame size creates difficulty for viewers
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Aug 2000 05:49:00
Message: <3997c08c@news.povray.org>
In article <3991A345.C492F7A8@pacbell.net> , Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
wrote:

> Ever since installing QT on my system I have been unable to load
> mpegs form povray.binaries.animations because it crashes Netscape.
>
> I hate QT !!!

Its not a problem of QuickTime, it is one of Netscape.  Especially the
recent versions of Netscape (since 4.x) seem to associate completely wrong
Plug-Ins with file types.  On Macs it is already annoying, but on Windows it
seems to be even worse.  This causes bizarre problems when using QuickTime.
Manually (re-)associating the QT Plug-In with the file types helps most of
the time, even resolving crashes!

Did you try using a "real" newsreader that uses the same file-application
mappings Windows uses?  It should then automatically open the QuickTime
Movie Player - except of course you install any M$ product after QuickTime.
In that case you will have to reinstall QuickTime to get it working again.
This is one of the Windows "features" Apple demonstrated in the anti-thrust
case...

     Thorsten

PS: Upgrading to a Macintosh will also resolve your problems with Windows,
of course ;-)

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde