POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Povray and reality : Re: Povray and reality Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray and reality
From: Adam
Date: 14 Aug 2000 00:41:36
Message: <3997786E.B6B66551@yahoo.com>

> > BTW, I don't think gypsum is double refracting, I think you mean calcite.

Wait, of course Iceland spar, that is, calcite, exhibits birefringence. I don't
know what I was thinking with the dihydrate of calcium sulfate, I mean gypsum. I
didn't even mean gypsum when I said it. Gypsum is what causes noncarbonate
hardness of water.

Come to think of it, how would I do double refraction anyway?