POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First One! : Re: First One! Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First One!
From: 25ct
Date: 13 Aug 2000 16:17:38
Message: <39970262@news.povray.org>
"Peter Popov" <pet### [at] usanet> wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 11:32:48 +0100, "25ct" <25c### [at] lineonenet> wrote:
>
> >   Hi all,
> >       Well, I've found myself posting here for the first time with my
first
> >image, I'm quite pleased with it. I have found that quite a lot of
'process
> >of elimination' goes into producing an image.
> >   It's been great fun doing it, and I look forward to any
comments/advice.

> A good start!
>
> Why am I not surprised it's a reflective sphere on a checkered floor?
> :))

    Thanks Pete. As a beginner, I used the info that was available, ie; the
sphere, the box, the cone, and changed everything around. The cone at one
time, wasn't a cone!
   I was going to put two more 'cones' there, as legs, so as to have the
sphere standing on three legs, but I will save that one for later! ;o)
  The bit that I liked the most about this image, is the sharp point at the
bottom of the 'box' nearest you. This was supposed to be a 'box embedded in
a sphere', but somehow the box has 'lifted' off the sphere, (although, still
embedded). I think this is due to the lighting that I have used.

> On the other hand, it has a nice twist which renders (pun intended) it
> unique.
>

> Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
> Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet
> TAG      e-mail : pet### [at] tagpovrayorg

     Thanks Pete.          ~Steve~   :o)