POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First One! : Re: First One! Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First One!
From: 25ct
Date: 13 Aug 2000 09:38:49
Message: <3996a4e9@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" <Chr### [at] schunteretctu-bsde> wrote in
message news:399695F8.32EDDAFE@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de...

> 25ct wrote:
> >
> [...]
> >    It's been great fun doing it, and I look forward to any
comments/advice.

> Well, i'm not so sure about the meaning of your picture, but it's quite
> promising for a first try.

    Thank you Christoph.   There isn't a meaning for it, unless of course,
the word 'abstract' comes into it ;o)  I was going to call it 'Shades' as in
sunglasses!

 Textures look already good, you should try using
> antialiasing. (would avoid the "stair effect" on the floor/edge of the
sphere)

    This is good, thanks.

> When i started using Pov, i did not work that much on complicated lighting
at
> first and focussed more on modelling/texturing, but you should not take
this as
> an advice, but find your own way.
>
> Christoph

       Basically, I used the first instructions in the help file to set up
an image and added other items like reflection and so on. I then had a good
play with this, this being the one I liked the best out of possibly 30/40
different images, (same image, different angles, textures, etc). This is
what I like about POV-Ray, you can come up with anything and change it
around. For my next project, I would like to do a specific item - perhaps
you could suggest a title Christoph, I would then have something to work
with. I have titles, but i'm just wondering what an experienced 'Pover' can
come up with for a newbie ;o)

     Glad you liked it,
                                  ~Steve~