POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 46,000 free hours of AOL (111kbbu) : Re: 46,000 free hours of AOL (111kbbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 46,000 free hours of AOL (111kbbu)
From: Richard Morton
Date: 11 Aug 2000 05:55:28
Message: <39942279.54EC4117@hotmail.removethisbit.com>
Just out of interest :

From my (laymans) limited understanding of quantum theory, the rainbow effects on
a CD are the most easily seen manifestation of the way that individual light
particles/waves travel from source to observer via multiple routes at the same
time (I don't think that the CD example is anything to do with refraction at
different angles for different parts of the spectrum). No doubt, this would be
somewhat tricky to model in a raytracer where the general assumption is that one
ray follows one path, not multiple paths as happens in the real world !

Warning : Do not read about quantum theory if you are of a nervous disposition, or
you have a firm belief in reality.