POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Texture for my temple : Re: Texture for my temple Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture for my temple
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 11 Aug 2000 02:47:42
Message: <3993a18e@news.povray.org>
"Remco Poelstra" <rjp### [at] homenl> wrote in message

| I'm working on a texture of my temple.
| In the image on the left, you see an edge of a pilar. I like the texture
| there. But on in the mid, where you can look deeper, the texture is
| horrible. What can I do to this?

Only two things come to mind.  One is to try more AA depth and second is to
use a slight camera blur.  Either way it'll be a longer render but what you
have there is a kind of computer noise I think because of the tiny scale of
texture at greater distances.  I guess POV-Ray tries to get a correct pixel
here and there no matter how far from the camera, except of course it can't
ever do as good as the blending human eyes can do, imho, at least not
without some extra measures beyond the typical way a scene is rendered.

Bob