POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Where do I start? : Re: Where do I start? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where do I start?
From: 25ct
Date: 10 Aug 2000 18:58:30
Message: <39933396@news.povray.org>
"Halbert" <hha### [at] capitalnet> wrote in message

  "25ct" wrote,

> >    Lastly, and this no slur on the team at Pov-ray,(I'm sure they do a
> great
> > job), do you think that the prizes for the competition could be
up-graded
> so
> > as to attract more entrants? I'm just thinking that there are, say for

And then "Halbert" wrote,

> Can you believe this:
> I have been visiting the IRTC since it has been around and I never knew
> there were any tangeble prizes other than the recognition!
> HH

And then ~25ct~ wrote

     Halbert, forgive me. I take it you did not read the rest of my posts? I
am new to this. I do not know the difference between a cock and a bull. I am
computer illiterate! I even visited the POV- Ray site and thought the
competition was theirs! But no, I have been back, and to my horror, (not
really), the competition belongs to IRTC, (didn't know what it stood for!
Apologies IRTC).
  Go to, www.irtc.org/sponsors.html and you will see 'why' I asked this
question, (at the bottom). Apparently, a sponsor dropped out, and I thought
that the *prizes* were too low for the effort that was put in to the images
that were there, (and we all know what 'thought' did, don't we?) This was
before I stupidly posted, without reading through ALL the other postees
posts, first.
     I've learned a lesson, would you agree?  :o)

  I look forward to any advice that you may want to give me, in the near
future.  Many thanks.

                                   ~Steve~

   PS, The 'recognition' bit, *IS* prize enough.  ;o)