POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : RFE: make hollow objects : Re: RFE: make hollow objects Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RFE: make hollow objects
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 10 Aug 2000 08:46:31
Message: <3992a427@news.povray.org>
Chuck Roberts <rob### [at] accnorg> wrote:
> Not really. Moray would just do the few steps for me.
> 1. Create shape. (shape 1)
> 2. Create cutout of shape which is slightly smaller. (shape 2)
> 3. Make a difference group, subtract cutout from shape 1.

But how much smaller is smaller?  It should be specified, and is there some
skew (thicker on one side or another)?  What about non-primatives?  Can they
be hollowed too?  Really, this is easy to do with a CSG, and there are
enough variables that doing it that way gives more flexibility.

If you're making lots of similar shapes, just create one, copy and translate
it so you don't have to go through it lots of times.

If you really want it, you could make a plugin for it, but I really don't
see the need.

Geoff