POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Problems with the emacs povmode (and some solutions) : Problems with the emacs povmode (and some solutions) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with the emacs povmode (and some solutions)
From: The "D"
Date: 10 Aug 2000 00:19:35
Message: <39922d57@news.povray.org>
Ok when I downloaded the emacs povmode off the official website
(http://www.acc.umu.se/~woormie/povray/) I had some problems with the render
commands (ie the povray command not found) Not sure if my povray distro is
to blame or the mode (my guess is both) my temproary fix was to create a
povray file in /usr/local/bin (location of my povray executables) and
sym-linked to x-povray. Thought this might help some folks that got the same
distro of the povray linux version I had (the one minus the povray
executable). Though if some one would/could update the mode to possibly
having x-povray as the commmand (or even possibly a choice between x-povray
and s-povray) it would be even more helpful. I'd do it myself except for the
fact that I know nothing about emacs lisp modes.

-The "D"
     it's as easy as 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693996