POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : RFE: make hollow objects : Re: RFE: make hollow objects Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RFE: make hollow objects
From: Karl Pelzer
Date: 9 Aug 2000 15:51:47
Message: <3991B6B9.1D100C92@t-online.de>
What dou you mean by cut away? Do you cut within the object (not visible
from the outside) or do you drill holes from the outside to the inside
(or vice versa) that are visible?
If you do the first, be sure to make the texture transparent by adding a
bit of filter or transmit so that the light can shine through. Please
note that the lightsource itself will not become visible!
If you do the second, the cutaway texture has to be completely clear
(filter and transmit set to 1).
If I still missed the thing, let me know.

Karl