POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Is there a spline solution out there? : Is there a spline solution out there? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Is there a spline solution out there?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 9 Aug 2000 15:31:58
Message: <3991B07C.4A0CAE1F@my-dejanews.com>
I want a smoothly varying function that goes between the following
points:
    <0.00, -15>,
    <0.25, -125>,
    <0.45, -110>,
    <0.50, -10>,
    <0.75, -25>,
    <1.00, -15>

The function/ spline will serve as a keyframing notation for the joints
in a body, ala < timei , thetai >. Such that if I call out 0.375 for the
x, I should get something not too far from 117.

My own "cosinespline" is inadequate (see 04/14/00 posting) :  not much
better than straight lines.  Chris Colefax's macro has a ton of options
which offer some promise, but it is woefully lacking an adequate
explanation of what he dreamed up. I'm suspecting it cannot even handle
an irregular list like above.

Can anyone help me?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: