POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : RFE: make hollow objects : Re: RFE: make hollow objects Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RFE: make hollow objects
From: Chuck Roberts
Date: 9 Aug 2000 15:15:24
Message: <3991AE7F.9DA83F4E@accn.org>
Not really. Moray would just do the few steps for me.
1. Create shape. (shape 1)
2. Create cutout of shape which is slightly smaller. (shape 2)
3. Make a difference group, subtract cutout from shape 1.

Ken wrote:

> Chuck Roberts wrote:
> >
> > Request for Enhancement
> >
> > I would like to be able to make real hollow objects. I know you
> > can specify an object to be "hollow" but you can't put a light
> > inside it and have it shine through windows you have cut out of
> > the object.
> >
> > A real hollow object, like a cube, would be differenced with a
> > cube slightly smaller than itself (say 1% smaller in each
> > direction).
>
> You are now requesting a feature change/addition that would have
> to be implemented in POV-Ray itself which has nothing to do with
> the functionality of Moray.
>
> http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ/languageVFAQ.html#hollowobjects
>
> --
> Ken Tyler - 1400+ POV-Ray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

See my Free stuff page. It compares free website providers, and
lists free internet access providers.
http://www.crosswinds.net/~robertsc/free.htm

Win98 help file loaded with hints and tips, including securing a
Win 95/98 PC in a classroom setting. VB4 help file with lots of
code and hints.
At http://www.crosswinds.net/~robertsc/