POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Where do I start? : Re: Where do I start? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where do I start?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 9 Aug 2000 08:26:08
Message: <39914DFA.99A99BB8@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
25ct wrote:

[...]
>    Lastly, and this no slur on the team at Pov-ray,(I'm sure they do a great
> job), do you think that the prizes for the competition could be up-graded so
> as to attract more entrants? I'm just thinking that there are, say for
> example, surfing competitions that pay out quite a lot of money to the
> winner.  It just seems that a lot of work goes into these images, ref: the
> pearl harbour one, that must have taken ages.(It's brilliant as well!)
>    Just a thought.
>                                 ~25ct~

I think, it's good as it is now, because the competition should not be mainly
about winning but about taking part.  Also more expensive prices would require
much more sponsoring.

You should probably not compare it to surfing competitions, because the IRTC is
neither a commercial competition (entry fees, preselection, ...) , nor does
raytracing require expensive material (well, thats only partly true of course
:-)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>