POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : White tiger : Re: White tiger Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: White tiger
From: Mike
Date: 8 Aug 2000 21:42:08
Message: <3990B6F4.11A51248@aol.com>
> There you go again. Amazing

Thanks, I got plenty more things to show off.  My harddrive is full of
cobwebs...

> How did you model it Hamapatch, animation master ( I have never tried
that
> one).
>What stuns me the most is the way the texture is applied. Do you have
any
> special technique.

Modeled it in animation master.  The main part of the texturing is image
maps applied with uv vectors for each patch.  This requires some uv
mapping mods that I made to MegaPOV, something I haven't released a
binary for yet.

Creating the uv vectors is pretty easy in animation master.  You just
flatten the area you want to apply the image to and overlay the image.
One click and it's on there.  To get these maps to work with POV are a
little more complicated though, as you can't have any overlap.  The
completed model can then be exported using my export plugin which writes
bicubic patches in .inc format.  The one I currently have available
doesn't write uv vectors but a future version will.

> Something off though : The picture looks composed. Is the background
rendered
> in the same picture as the tiger ?

It's all in the same scene but like I said, I'm lazy when it come to
backgrounds.  It probably looks funny because it's just a plane and a
heightfield with a bunch of noisy texturing.  The post-process focal
blur probably doesn't help either.  Oh well, I need to work on making my
scenes more rounded I guess.

> Mike, are you akin to Mike Miller ? <grin>

Wow, there's a complement.  Nope, no relation. :)

-Mike (Hough)