POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : rounded cube crash : Re: rounded cube crash: me too Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:30:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rounded cube crash: me too
From: ryan constantine
Date: 8 Aug 2000 18:22:18
Message: <399087F1.260D5642@yahoo.com>
I just got around to doing what you suggested and found that the
GalaxyMFC.dll file was causing the problems.  i checked it twice.  for
answers to your other questions, see below:

> > Moray seems to put REALLY long numbers in the transform area,
> > like 40+ digits long.

i don't know what this is about

> I'd really like to track this down. Can you guys answer this:
>
> - Is Snap is enabled and if so, what are your Snap settings?
> (View|Configuration|Snap).

snap is enabled with the smallest setting allowed (i think it is .001?)

> - Are these rounded cubes in a Group/CSG? If so, is the group
> transformed?

either way i get the crash, csg or not, i don't use groups.  i can
transform a csg, but not the cube by itself.  the cube always returns to
the origin of the parent.

> - For which transformations does it happen? Scaling? Rotation?
> Translation? All three?

for sure it happens on rotation and translation, but as i usually use
the cube settings for size, i'm not sure about scale.  i seem to think
it was a problem in a previous model of mine, however, so i'd say all
three.

> - In which views are you transforming the cube with the mouse when
> this happens? Just the 2D views? Just the 3D views? Any view?

never transformed with the mouse except for moving the local coords.
all transforms done by typing.  as for moving the local coords, that
would be top view.  didn't try the others since i didn't need them.

> - Does it happen all the time? Often? Sometimes? Randomly?

almost every time.  maybe more than 90%?

> - What plugins are loaded (View|Loaded Plugins)?

every one available (except that new moon something which is very beta).