POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fast Erosion (3*20k) : Re: Fast Erosion (42k) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fast Erosion (42k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 8 Aug 2000 17:07:58
Message: <399076C4.F64EE72A@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
David Fontaine wrote:

> That is an example of water erosion, not wind. I have attached a photo from Glacier
> Park to demonstrate...

Your pict. shows a lot of different aspects of erosion: on the lower parts,
there is water erosion in "soft materials".  I don't see much wind erosion
anywhere.

Most erosion effects on massive mountains IMO are "thermal erosion", meaning the
destruction of the rock structure due to temperature changes.  Of course, water
and wind influence these effects in certain ways.

I think both photos show very much of this type of erosion, but it is not easy
to simulate, because it much depends on the internal structure of the rock.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>