POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : megapov translate bug : Re: megapov translate bug Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: megapov translate bug
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 8 Aug 2000 15:12:21
Message: <39905b95$1@news.povray.org>
Alan Nickerson <ani### [at] mathsoftcom> wrote...
> Nathan, this related tot he translate issue, but I have discovered a
problem
> with the $ shorcut in MegaPOV 0.5a.
>
> If I use
> $Dothis = 0;
> after a texture with a finish, is does not parse.

Yes.  I've known about this for a long time but there is no easy solution
without causing horrible recursion that would probably lead to a
out-of-stack-space crash.  If you use $ instead of #declare for the texture,
it should work.  The problem, if I remember correctly, is the mix of
#declare with a texture (so there is no semi-colon) followed directly by a
$.

It is because of this kind of strange behavior that this feature will not
make it into POV 3.5.

-Nathan