POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : saving generated images : why I want to do this Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  why I want to do this
From: Kaganovich
Date: 8 Aug 2000 14:49:05
Message: <39905613.D9816BA7@flashcom.net>
Warp wrote:

>   Why do you want to do this? It shouldn't matter whether povray saves the
> image or not.

Well, I often make an image, change the file slightly, and want to make a new
image, but the new image replaces the old one, so I have to manually rename
the first image or move it to a different folder; or I have to rename the file
after minor changes. For example, if I want to get different views, I may
simply change the camera angle. But that's why ideally for test renders, I
would like POV-ray not to save the image at all until I first look at it and
request that it gets saved.