POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPatch and WIN98 lockups : Re: MegaPatch and WIN98 lockups Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPatch and WIN98 lockups
From: GrimDude
Date: 8 Aug 2000 14:43:30
Message: <399054d2@news.povray.org>
No malicious use here! :)
I was just reporting my results. There may be something going on behind the
scenes with Compaq computers, or the AMD chip on same. I bought the system
with 64Megs installed, but Win98 reported 56Megs available. I installed a
second 64Meg module and the system reported 128Megs available. Hmmm....
Anyway, the problem with lockups continued after the upgrade, so I went
looking for a fix. This is the one thing I tried, and so far no lockups.

Grim