POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : megapov translate bug : Re: megapov translate bug Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: megapov translate bug
From: Alan Nickerson
Date: 8 Aug 2000 14:26:03
Message: <399050bb$1@news.povray.org>
Nathan, this related tot he translate issue, but I have discovered a problem
with the $ shorcut in MegaPOV 0.5a.

If I use
$Dothis = 0;
after a texture with a finish, is does not parse.

'Object or directive expected but $ found instead' is the message
Sample code:

#declare M_texture = texture {
  pigment {rgb <0.75, 0.75, 0.75>  }
  finish {
    ambient 0.1
    brilliance 6
    diffuse 0.7
    metallic
    specular 0.80
    roughness 1/120
    reflection 0.8
  }
}

$Dothis = 0;

This complains about the $Dothis
if the $Dothis is before the #declare it works correctly.
I discovered this beceause the #declare was in a .inc file and the $Dothis
was giving an error...

Alan