POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Fatal_stream to window : Re: Fatal_stream to window Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:31:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fatal_stream to window
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Aug 2000 12:38:19
Message: <3990377b@news.povray.org>

<ffj### [at] club-internetfr>  wrote:

> The point is that when errors are detected, nothing is shown. I wanted
> to use the 'Fatal_Error_Command', but it cannot be used in the command
> line. If I put this command in a ini files, how do I tell POV to show
> the Fatal_File stream in a new window ? If possible, I'd like to have
> the same window for all the errors : No new window created when a new
> error is detected.

I am not exactly sure if this will do what you want, but why not redirect
all _other_ streams to /dev/null using the Xxx_File option in an INI file,
and only leave Fatal_File stream as is.  Your shell can then capture the
output and do what it wants with it.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde