POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Where do I start? : Where do I start? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:20:18 EDT (-0400)
   Where do I start?
From: 25ct
Date: 8 Aug 2000 06:34:15
Message: <398fe227$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
               please excuse my ignorance. I am definately not a techie when
it comes to graphics and the such.
      I've been looking at some of your pictures and I am getting quite
interested in POV-ray.
  So please excuse my questions.
     What is the purpose of POV-ray? Is it to get the best 3d image that you
can? Can you animate with POV-ray? How long would a typical picture take to
produce? Does it take long to learn the coding?
     I run win 98, so can I do it on my machine?
  Where do I start?

     Many thanks.       ~25ct~