POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : megapov translate bug : Re: megapov translate bug Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: megapov translate bug
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 6 Aug 2000 23:40:36
Message: <398e2fb4@news.povray.org>
Rick [Kitty5] <kit### [at] dialpipexcom> wrote...
> mega pov running in official mode works fine with
>
>   translate  7.5*z
>
> in mega mode, it dosen't, i have to change it to
>
>   translate  <0,0,7.5>
>
> why??

First, what exactly doesn't work.  Does it give a parse error, or does it
parse but just translate incorrectly (and if so, in what way)?

Things that have changed in the MegaPov parser that might cause this:

1) vector->color promotion fixes
2) fast macro patch
3) $ and % as shortcuts for #declare and #local

Are you using macros or $/%?  If not, my guess would be bug in the
vector->color promotion fixes.  If you can send a complete (yet short and
simple) scene that demonstrates the problem, that'd help a lot in tracking
it down.  Thanks.

-Nathan