POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YACELP (~224kau) : Re: signatures Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: signatures
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 6 Aug 2000 17:53:02
Message: <398dde3e@news.povray.org>
"Alan Kong" <ako### [at] povrayNO-SPAMorg> wrote :

>   I guess they can tell you anything they want

    It was either that or drive 30 miles to the next bank.

> but (I think) you should
> be able to print if you so choose, Bill. If they were concerned about
> security of your account, even printing can yield telltale
> discrepancies. It just may not be as apparent to the untrained eye.

    I thought so too. I worked hard on my printed signature while learning
calligraphy and I had it just like I wanted it and I dared the bank clone to
try to reproduce it with any less effort than any other signature. Bunch of
dim bulbs.

    I have since returned to my printed signature. People can read my
writing and will be able to know what my name is if they see it. Now if I
could just avoid the Hairy Eyeball of Death when I laboriously hand print
the whole "William James DeWitt" on my checks in the hardware store line. Of
course it doesn't help that I printed "thirty seven dollars and ninety three
cents" too...

    People find me tedious.