POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alpha Channel Help : Re: Alpha Channel Help Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:28:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha Channel Help
From: Chris S
Date: 6 Aug 2000 16:24:51
Message: <398dc993@news.povray.org>
GrimDude <vos### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> I'm not an expert at paint packages, but it looks to me as if your
included
> image has transparency set for every color within the image. Is this what
> you meant to do? I think you would achieve the effect you are after, if
you
> would set the background of your image as transparent, only.

Well, yeah, that would be the ideal solution...but PS removes any
transparent backgrounds when the file is not saved as a .psd.  As to all my
colors being transparent...if you rendered the file in p.b.s-f the fish part
is showing where the background is "general" not.  The problem I seem to be
having is the background, which I want 100% transparent, is at points
showing up less then 100% creating slightly light boxes appear around the
fish.

I guess I'll live but this problem sure is annoying...

-Chris-