POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subway station (WIP) (49kb) : Re: Subway station (WIP) (49kb) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subway station (WIP) (49kb)
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 6 Aug 2000 13:05:50
Message: <398d9aee@news.povray.org>
"Alan Nickerson" <ani### [at] iversoftcom> wrote in message
> Comments welcome

Just one minor suggestion - create each board in the tracks as a separate
object and texture the boards individually. That way you can avoid the
appearance that it's all one big board with slots cut out of it.

By the way, I was surprised to see that it's a subway in Boston - by the
clean, graffiti-free appearance I thought it had to be some country other
than the U.S.!

-Dave

Ok, I thought of one more thing - it would be easy to add a headlight in the
darkness of the tunnel, unless you're planning to do an actual train. If you
use media to make the light beam, though, it'll probably kill the render
time with radiosity turned on.