POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : moons and stars : Re: moons and stars Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:24:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moons and stars
From: Kilgore Trout
Date: 5 Aug 2000 18:50:05
Message: <398c9a1d@news.povray.org>
> How did you get the area lights to work right? The "orient" patch in
> MegaPOV, or just more than one area light?

It's actually just one very timy area light.  Here's the code for the light:

light_source {
 <-4.5, -2.40, 7.5>
 color <.8, .8, .65>
 area_light <0, 0, .025>, <0, .025, 0>, 7, 7
 adaptive 1
 jitter
}

It took me quite a while to figure that out.  I was trying to use a bigger
like, like about .5 to .1 and it just made a mess.

Kev