POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : moons and stars : Re: moons and stars Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moons and stars
From: Ian Witham
Date: 5 Aug 2000 10:43:03
Message: <398c27f7@news.povray.org>
"Kilgore Trout" <lou### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> exactly the effect i was going for.  i think i made the specular a little
> too high and the bumps a little to big.  the bright star was definately
from
> the lightsource shining directly on it though.  i'll have to give it a
> little work.

The bright star looks alright to me -- how ever may I suggest a normal
pattern that I find very natural looking.
Note that MegaPov kills this texture.
code and sample follow:

  normal {
   average
   normal_map {
    #declare normalcount = 1;
    #while (normalcount < 10)
    [ 1 crackle 0.1 turbulence 1 scale 2/normalcount ]
    #declare normalcount = normalcount + 1;
    #end
   }  scale 3 //this depends on the scale of the wall
}

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'walltex.jpg' (17 KB)