POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : saving generated images : Re: saving generated images Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: saving generated images
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 7 Aug 2000 22:02:34
Message: <398F5C34.330CD2CB@peak.edu.ee>
Kaganovich wrote:

> default folder for images.  But is there a way to get POV-ray to prompt
> me where to save the image every time I render a scene?

I assume you use POVWin, in which case you could create an INI file similar to
quickres.ini (the one that lets you pick resolutions via the GUI dropdown list).
See the quickres file an ini file documentation for syntax info, it's really
straightforward. Something like:

[First directory]
Output_File_Name=c:\blah\first_directory\
[Second directory]
Output_File_Name=c:\bleargh\second_directory\

Then you select your ini file in the render settings menu and the dropdown list
should contain your choice of directory destinations.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee