POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Need a belt ? : Re: Need a belt ? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need a belt ?
From: J  Grimbert
Date: 7 Aug 2000 09:44:21
Message: <398EBD3E.AE9AE8D7@atos-group.com>
"m.o.p.s" wrote:

> Here is a second macro i have made.
> It build a belt between two wheels ( so i named it "buildbelt" )
> and it could make it roll ( i will post two animations for example at
> p.b.a )

Well, interesting. But I'm nitpicking (probably too much, so
do not bother...)

The belt are fine for modeling infinite tension, but in
reality, usually, one of the 'line' between the wheels is not
straight: it is curved, due to the gravity and the lesser
tension between the motored wheel and the motor wheel.
It may even happen on loose belt, that both 'line's are curved
when not moving, and the direction of the movement, as well
as the driving wheel will decide which line go straight at
move time.

What about adding a third wheel (outside the belt), to adjust
the tension ? or a more complex thing like the bicycle one ?

> Hope i am understable,

Yes, I'm not sure I was.

P.S: Great work anyway!