POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : To Mark G. : Re: To Mark G. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Mark G.
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 7 Aug 2000 08:51:46
Message: <398EB17C.E9033114@mailbag.com>

> Hello Mark.
>
> I had some problem last night compiling the megapovplus ( what a name !)
> source.
>
> The make complained that it could not find either vga.h or vgagl.h.
> I checked : These files are not in my Linux box.
> SVGALIB is installed on my system.
> So I had to comment out in config.h and unix.c files all the lines
> concerning SVGA.
> Are these *.h files installed by default in a Mandrake or RH
> distribution ?
> Did I do something wrong ?

I have a hunch what is going on, and it's going to require some
surgery.  You probably have the shared libraries, but it's common for
header files to be included in the "developer"
versions of those libraries as they are commonly packaged.  I'm telling
autoconf to look for the libraries, and it's finding them.  autoconf
isn't looking for the header files.

-Mark Gordon