POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity (yes, again) 120ko : Re: Radiosity (yes, again) 120ko Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity (yes, again) 120ko
From: Jerome M  Berger
Date: 7 Aug 2000 08:45:12
Message: <398EAF58.FE02DC75@iname.com>
gemelli david wrote:

> (the white 'sky sphere' has ambient 1, anything else has ambient 0).
> Some questions:
> - what are the finish features that only interacts with 'true' light ? I
> tried metallic but I didn't see any difference.
	I think that all finish features interact with radiosity.
AFAIK the only features that don't interact with radisoity
by default are media and normals (and both can be set to
interact with it if you put the right options in the
radiosity settings).

> - when using low quality rendering, the brightness is false (lower than
> the high quality one) must I change brightness to correct it ? what
> radiosity parameter is involved ? I'm using:
	The culprit is the recursion_limit: the higher it is, the
brighter the scene. The only known solution at this time is
to set your recursion_limit first and then play with the
other settings...

> - why is reflection blur corrupting my radiosity ? Must I put more
> samples ? (5 in the picture)
	What do you mean "corrupting your radiosity"? It looks fine
I think. You can add more samples if you want it to look
less grainy, but this has nothing to do with radiosity... Or
is there something I didn't see?

		Jerome
--

* Doctor Jekyll had something * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* to Hyde...                  * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger