POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity (yes, again) 120ko : Radiosity (yes, again) 120ko Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity (yes, again) 120ko
From: gemelli david
Date: 7 Aug 2000 08:03:27
Message: <398EA5FD.F40F2F5C@xlstudio.com>
This week-end, I tried MegaPOV radiosity and reflection blur.
I made a scene with no light source and only one object with ambient
(the white 'sky sphere' has ambient 1, anything else has ambient 0).
Some questions:
- what are the finish features that only interacts with 'true' light ? I
tried metallic but I didn't see any difference.
- when using low quality rendering, the brightness is false (lower than
the high quality one) must I change brightness to correct it ? what
radiosity parameter is involved ? I'm using:
  count 50
  nearest_count 4
  recursion_limit 1
  error_bound 1.0
for low quality and
  count 100
  nearest_count 5
  recursion_limit 2
  error_bound 0.4
for high quality.
- why is reflection blur corrupting my radiosity ? Must I put more
samples ? (5 in the picture)
I think that's all for the moment. I will try to add a light to get more
effects...

                         David

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'robot dark metal medium quality.jpg' (42 KB) Download 'robot ground reflection blur.jpg' (48 KB) Download 'robot no reflection high quality.jpg' (43 KB)

Preview of image 'robot dark metal medium quality.jpg'
robot dark metal medium quality.jpg

Preview of image 'robot ground reflection blur.jpg'
robot ground reflection blur.jpg

Preview of image 'robot no reflection high quality.jpg'
robot no reflection high quality.jpg