POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Error! : Re: Error! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error!
From: Peter Toneby
Date: 5 Aug 2000 19:26:11
Message: <398CA293.3F301C83@acc.umu.se>
Steve wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Aug 2000 03:05:16 +0200, Peter Toneby wrote:
> >
> >hmmm,  I really gotta get the next version out... it will add
> >quite a few nice things, but will not be quite complete...
> >The things I have added/changed so far are (cut from the changelog,
> >and including stuff not yet working...):
>
> I've toyed with the idea of producing an emacs InsertMenu for POV,
> based on the windows version of POV, with the ability to  change the
> default data that's inserted.
>
> I'm going to write a perl script that generates the insert menu because
> I can imagine my future including voluntary commitment to an assylum if
> I were to write that much lisp code.

My guess is that it's not very much lispcode that needs to be written,
just some basic code for inserting a certain string at the cursor. The
hard part is to write a good startingpoint for the stuff to insert,
unless
you do the easy thing and rip the windowsversion ;)

> It'll be great once the tags are working, I don't seem to be having any
> luck so far with using bookmarks in emacs, possibly compounded by the
> fact that I use RCS all the time.

I'm actually uncertain if I would like an InsertMenu, but if you get
something working I will take a look and see if I can add it too
povmode,
and possibly add configurationoptions for it, unless it's easier to use
a normal (lisp)file.

/Peter
--
Alpha Test Version:  Too buggy to be released to the paying public.
Beta Test Version:  Still too buggy to be released.